Next Library Book Sale + Turkey Trot
Hello, Southbury! Al Branch here with your brand new edition of the Southbury Daily.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Periods of sunshine. High: 70 Low: 55.
Here are the best stories today in Southbury:
- Friends of Southbury Public Library book sale October 28-31 (HamletHub)
- Toby Knapp Obituary (1951 – 2021) – Southbury, CT – Connecticut Post (Legacy.com)
- Police are investigating a $ 275,000 equipment theft at Danbury Hospital (Torrington Citizen Register)
- Southbury Jobs: Find Out Who’s Hiring in the Area (Southbury Patch)
- Camp scholarships allow the Flanders Nature Center & Land Trust to host a record number of children and families (HamletHub)
- Quinnipiac professor analyzes the scale of the global Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp blackout (WTNH.com)
- In Ansonia: Splash Pad Possible or Splash Pad Politics? | Independent Valley Sentinel (Independent Valley Sentinel)
Today’s Southbury Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- Schools in region 15: “Excellent opportunity to become a building substitute in region 15! The building substitutes are dedicated to a school in this position from Monday to Friday. Join our team today! Follow the link for more information: https: //www.region1 … “(Facebook)
- PES Southbury PTO: “Our meeting this Friday has been rescheduled to Friday, October 15. You cannot attend the meeting, join us on Zoom.” (Facebook)
- Macaroni Kid Southbury CT: “Hey mom! Nothing fuels your children like a glass of ice-cold milk. So don’t miss your chance to participate in the Fuel Their Drive Challenge: you could win up to $ 10,000 for your high school athletics program just by drinking Guida’s milk. . Take a picture … “(Facebook)
- Southbury Library Youth Services: “Nutmegs at Noon is back! Miss Heather shares nominees for the Elementary Nutmeg 2022 Book Award. Today’s books include“ Dinosaur Lady: the Daring Discoveries of Mary Anning, the First Paleontologist ”written by Linda Skeers and illustrated b … “(Facebook)
- City of Southbury: “Registrations are now open for the 11th edition of the Southbury Women’s Club Turkey Trot! Https://southburywomensclub.org/southbury-turkey-trot” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Al branch
About Me: I am a seasoned journalist from Connecticut with over 30 years of experience covering municipal government, education, politics and many other topics. A few years ago, I realized how much I missed the world of hyperlocal journalism and was lucky enough to be hired by Patch in 2013.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Southbury Daily? I’m all ears. You can reach me at [email protected]