Candlelight Tours at LeDuc + New Children’s Exhibit at Lawshe
Get up, Mendota Heights! Let’s start this day. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in Mendota Heights today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Mostly cloudy and warm. High: 72 Low: 61.
Here are the best stories in Mendota Heights today:
- The Dakota County Historical Society will host the annual candlelight events at the historic LeDuc Estate October 16-17 (Mendota Heights Patch)
- The Dakota County Historical Society received a Community Spaces Grant from the Community Links Giving Program, which will be used to design a new children’s exhibit for the Lawshe Museum. (Mendota Heights Crest)
- The Dakota-Scott Workforce Development Council elected Vance Boelter as President and Mike Forbord as Vice President. (Mendota Heights Crest)
today Mendota Heights Daily is brought to you through Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Mendota Heights:
- Friends of the Wescott Library book sale (9:00 a.m.)
- Heritage Library Afternoon Book Discussion Group (12:30 p.m.)
- Housing Crisis Support Services – Wentworth Library (1:00 p.m.)
- Friends of the Pleasant Hill Library Book Sale: Member Preview Night (5:00 p.m.)
- LeDuc History Book Discussion Group – Wentworth Library (6.30 p.m.)
- Club Book With Kate Quinn Online – Wentworth Library (7:00 p.m.)
- Autumn Bird Watching Online – Wentworth Library (7:00 p.m.)
Mendota Heights Badge Book
- Elementary Mendota PTA: “Our kindergartens visited the Mendota Pumpkin Patch today! Every spring our 4th graders plant the patch as a welcome gift for our kindergartens! …” (Facebook)
- School district 197: “This week Somerset Primary School kicked off National Bullying Prevention Month with KINDNESS! The whole school is participating in their Kindness In Chalk event …” (Facebook)
- School district 197: “School District 197 will be holding two community meetings open to anyone in the community who wants to gather more information about the Fall 2021 Operating Tax Election …” (Facebook)
- City of Mendota Heights: “Save the date to have fun with the little ones at this upcoming free event!” “(Facebook)
- Saint-Thomas Academy: “This week we continue to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with another interesting fact: Hércule Florence, a Franco-Brazilian inventor, is considered one of the pioneers of photography …” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to release this Thursday. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Morgan reddekopp
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns, or story ideas at [email protected] and follow me on Twitter @ReddekoppMorgan for more updates.
I grew up in Eagan, Minnesota, before attending Winona State University, where I majored in creative digital media and a minor in journalism and creative writing. I am very happy to be a journalist in my hometown! In my spare time I like to paint, draw and write. I am currently working on my poetry manuscript and I also enjoy hiking and being outdoors.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Mendota Heights Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.